How do Veterans Access Aid and Attendance Information?

Veterans who qualify for a pension also may be able to access an additional benefit. If you need help with daily living activities, be sure to investigate the requirements for the Aid and Attendance program.

Once you have decided you would like to apply, write to the Veterans Administration regional office where you filed a claim for pension benefits. If you don't know where the regional office is - perhaps you've moved recently - then you can file your request with any VA regional office.

Attending Physician's Report

You'll want to include a copy of any evidence that will support your claim. Ask your attending physician to validate your need for Aid and Attendance type of care. The doctor's report should give enough factual information so the VA can determine your status.

  • Is there disease or injury that causes physical or mental impairment?
  • Is there loss of coordination?
  • Can you feed yourself? Dress yourself?
  • Do you need help in the bathroom with sanitation?
  • Can you keep yourself clean and presentable?

Additional, the report should specify whether you are confined to your home or the premises where you live. How do you get around? Where do you go? What are your typical activities during the day?

The Elder & Disability Law Firm can help veterans in Loma Linda and surrounding cities with Elder Law and other veterans' issues.

Share on:

Recent Posts